Saturday, April 23, 2011

LAST MINUTE FLOWERY EASTER BASKET

We had to go for a easter hunt this morning and I had to come up with a basket for my 2year old to carry.  
I wanted to make it very flowery and springy so I decide to just go all out with the decorations and have some fun along the way with the help of some artificial flowers, spray paint and my favorite GLUE GUN.

I made this cone door hanging to welcome spring a month ago and I sure was going to take it down and store it way until I came up with an idea to reuse the flowers.
I decided to take them apart and use them to make beautiful basket.

Here is the picture of the cone hanging on the door knob.
What I first did was took this basket ands spray painted it in yellow. Not worrying much about painting the insides.
I then took the flowers out of the cone.
Then I just cut the flowers and leaves out of the stems so it would be easier for  me to glue them on to the basket.
For the name I just cut an orange color paper in an oval shape and glued it in the center and then glued the flowers and leaves around the basket. The oval paper with the name actually gave me a a center point to work around with and at the same time making it more personalized.

Voila!! The Easter Basket was ready in less than a couple of hours.


                               Ahana loved carrying around her beautiful flowery basket.





<






Photobucket





The DIY Show Off

Craft Buds

4 comments:

  1. Very cute. I love how colorful and happy it is! Great job!!!

    Happy Easter!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your post and Love your blog!

    I would LOVE to have you link up to my Whassup Wednesday Par-Tay! And I have a party button you can grab and put on your blog so your friends can come too:) You have a good chance at being featured!




    If you are NOT already a Follower of Elements Interiors....HELLEEERRRR!

    Click that Google Follow button and YOU will be ENTERED in my

    "Its a SURPRISE!" GIVEAWAY to be announced EVERY MONDAY! Yeppers! You read it right,

    a Winner EVERY MONDAY!!! With GREAT Goodies you wont want to miss!!




    Hope to see ya at Whassup Wednesday!!!

    *ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

    xoxokara

    Im FOLLOWING YOU!







    *ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete